CAG is an independent partnership specializing in professional investment banking advisory services for entrepreneurs and private equity funds, in particular mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and raising expansion capital.
URSZULA E. WOŹNIAK
- MBA, FINANCE – Joseph L. Rotman Centre for Management, University of Toronto.
- The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- ABN AMRO CORPORATE FINANCE, Warsaw – Associate: involved in the execution of a variety of projects and was a key member of teams that completed: a US$40 million convertible debt offering for EMPiK Centrum Investments, a subsidiary of Eastbridge, which also operates the largest department store chain in Poland (Domy Towarowe Centrum) and the largest multimedia retailer (EMPiK); a US$21 million private equity placement of shares of Eastbridge, a major retailer and wholesaler in Poland; the privatization of Skawina, a major producer of refractory materials in Poland; a US$20 million private equity offering of Stocznia Gdynia, Poland’s leading shipyard; and, a spin-off of PepsiCo’s US$86 million chocolate operations in Poland.
- CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK OF COMMERCE (CIBC), Toronto – Financial Analyst, Corporate Development Program
- CIBC WOOD GUNDY CAPITAL: analyzed a variety of projects, including a management buy-out of a leading newspaper company, the spin-off of the fast food operations of a major food and beverage producer, and investments in a specialized pharmaceutical company, a medical service provider, and a hockey stadium operator. Completed several industry surveys covering trends, size and competition. Conducted valuation analysis, including discounted cash flow models and comparable analysis. Prepared investment committee memoranda.
- DELTA PLUS: key member of CIBC’s internal team for this strategic project completed in conjunction with McKinsey & Co. Analyzed relationship between the size of retail loan & mortgage portfolio and increased automation. Highlighted potential flaws in a new loan scoring system. Developed a financial model analyzing feasibility of traditional branches in light of automation and tele-banking.
- CIBC WOOD GUNDY’S FINANCIAL CONTROL: designed a risk management reporting system to track trading performed by various units of the bank. Developed a report examining implementation of cost reduction initiatives. Coordinated and revised quarterly process of off-balance sheet reporting.
- CIBC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: reviewed activities of over a hundred CIBC subsidiaries and recommended several closures. Analyzed a variety of tax structuring mechanisms for CIBC’s non-domestic banking operations. Examined CIBC’s domestic and foreign subsidiaries for capital adequacy.